We offer hair styling contract work with no admin responsibilities, one-on-one exclusive education with owner, Maddie Wofford, and a team experience built on positivity, flexibility, and integrity.
We are a rapidly growing hair styling company based in Lexington, KY - expanding to Louisville, KY and Cincinnati, OH - that offers it’s employees dry hair styling contracted work opportunities with bridal clients. We specialize in weddings but also style for events, photoshoots, commercials, etc. We offer stylists hassle-free work without any organizational management/administration responsibilities that drive “creatives” away from running a business. We offer stylists exclusive one-on-one and group education opportunities with Maddie Wofford [Instagram: @hairbymaddiewoff] and access to online education with leading industry professionals. We allow flexibility in scheduling - honoring time off as a priority. We recruit stylists or aspiring stylists who have a passion for people, an eye for detail, and love doing hair! We care more about the attitude, integrity, and professionalism of our stylists as leaders than prior skills. We represent our values to our clients in every setting and experience we curate and hold this in high regard. MW Beauty offers a place for women at the table - to let our passions flourish as we journey together discovering new possibilities in the beauty industry and beyond.
MW Beauty is a business of bridal hair styling experts and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
· Our mission is rooted is being FOR women. We've started as a hair styling business but we are approaching new horizons and taking our job seriously about beauty. We believe that we are on the planet to restore beauty, to give women an authentic experience of beauty beyond our appearance. We want to help women look beautiful with our craft but to feel beautiful because of our innate value for her.
· We believe in embodying beauty without vanity, femininity without uniformity, and that MW Beauty is a place for original women.
We’re seeking current or aspiring hair stylists [dry styling only]. The pay range we’re offering is based on previous experience and will be settled "per style" commission upon hiring. This position involves a year-end bonus based on how many weddings booked and how many years on the MW Beauty Team.
- Must have a passion for people - client experience matters more than anything!
- Must have a passion for hair styling - does not require previous professional experience but photos of your personal work are important in moving forward with the application process.
- Must have a positive attitude, flexibility, and integrity.
- Must be willing to travel to Lexington for hair trainings.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Must be able to work Saturdays during May - October [flexible with time off requests].
- Must sign a non-compete clause upon hiring. You cannot work with other hair/bridal styling companies when working for MW Beauty.
- Must acquire your own tools and products needed for hair styling services.
- Execute your best styling skills with high quality products for every client.
- Available for wedding day services and bridal trials [if applicable].
- Attend all trainings in Lexington, KY.
- Prompt to all contracted jobs.
- On Venmo for payroll + tips.
- Attend team meetings in studio or via Zoom.
- Drive to all on-site bookings.
- Communicating with Maddie & the MW Beauty team punctually.
MW Beauty is based in Lexington, KY. However, we are expanding [officially] to Louisville, KY and Cincinnati, OH. We already work in these areas but we are looking for planted stylists living in those cities to add to the MW Beauty team. This job will not require relocation, but benefits us both to have you on-location in your city. Bye, bye travel fees! Home-base will still be Lexington, but we want stylists in all cities ready to go for 2020.
Reason 1 - Competitive industry pay + bonuses. And we are busy! You will have work!
Reason 2 - Great hours for people employed during the week or for moms - majority of contracted work is on Saturday mornings/afternoons.
Reason 3 - Hands-on training with Maddie Wofford and online educational courses with industry professionals.
Reason 4 - Access to our professional and trendy studio space for client trials and services [no wedding days at the studio].
Reason 5 - NO administrative work, NO business management, just creativity and fun!